Saturday, March 7, 2009

And We're Off

 
Posted by Picasa

I received the most thoughtful gift from my Mom yesterday! She sent me the above necklace with the engraved message "Everything will be fine" Whenever my Mom and I are going on a trip or something special is coming up my Mom and I worry. We started say "Everything will be fine" a long time ago to calm each others nerves. Throughout this process my Mom has had to say this a LOT to me. She knows we may not be able to talk to each other while I am in Ethiopia so she wanted me to have the words with me. She really is the most thoughtful person I know!

We leave tomorrow VERY early! I am feeling excited sad overwhelmed all at the same time. I am really getting emotional about leaving my boys but I know in 10 days all of this process will be worth it. My family of 5 will all be together! Thank you all for your well wishes and the next picture will be of my family of 5 :o)

3 comments:

Shawn and Amelia said...

Everything IS going to be fine, Robin!! I'm sure the trip will be filled with plenty of challenges and excitement, but before you know it, you'll be back home introducing Hasina to her big brothers :0) We'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

so excited for you guys!!! have an amazing trip!!

God bless!!

oh, did you get my letter?!

Emily said...

I am so excited for you to finally be on your way to Ethiopia. I can't wait to meet that sweet, little girl in real life!