Saturday, January 10, 2009

She's a Keeper




So many of you know that we lost our beloved Joey this summer; he was an eleven year old short hair black cat. We had him and our cat Stormy since the year Jon and I got married 1997. Our family is still heart broken over the loss even though Joey was kind of a bad cat we still LOVED him. After he died of a heart condition we decided no more pets till the boys were older, Stormy was it. Well about a month ago I was home alone (doesn't happen often) making jewelry sitting looking out the window and I saw our neighbor's big black cat walking along our adobe wall in the back. I usually would chase him off because Stormy gets very upset about other cats, but I really liked seeing a black cat again so I let him lay there so I could watch him. After he left I heard a very tiny meow outside. I thought OH NO when I looked I saw a kitten probably 6 months old there. I chased her off 3 times and when Jon got home I asked if I could bring her in the garage for the night. He was apprehensive till he saw her and then he let her in. We then took her to the vet about three days later because she didn't seem to want to leave and I did not want a sick cat around Stormy; she was negative for all the bad stuff so we decided to try and introduce her to Stormy. Let's just say they tolerate each other. I decided to have her spayed so that at least if she left and came back she would not come back pregnant. That was two weeks ago and I guess we have decided to keep her. I really like her; she is very sweet and playful a little jumpy about the kids but I would be too :o)The kids decided on Pepper as her name since she looks a lot like the seasoning. The boys asked the Vet what kind of cat she was and I laughed but the Vet actually told them she is a short hair tiger cat. Anyway sorry so long I guess I was in the mood to type!

1 comment:

Kim said...

She's adorable and looks very happy in her new home! :)